Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Addiction

It takes me by surprise, & I begin to breath more quickly.
My legs get a mind of their own & I drift … aimlessly … or so it seems until I reach the source.
It then seems to happen in slow motion … or is it too fast?
I can’t stop myself.
I detect the faint scent & my heart begins to beat more quickly.
I know I have to pluck up the courage to do it but I cannot stop myself … I just can’t
And the touch … oh how good & right it feels, touching it, caressing it …
I can’t take it anymore … I have to have it … I have to … oh why can’t I absorb through my skin why can’t it be more quickly?
Barely able to make the choice I take my purchases & initiate payment … hardly able to contain myself …
And then I leave, laden with the precious …
And when I get home I give myself a good talking to …
I really have to get over my addiction to … books!

I wrote this back in 2002, but I'm still not over this addiction ... thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment